How To Stay Motivated During Your Job Search..
Anybody who has spent anytime job hunting will admit that it can be an emotionally draining experience and at this time you can experience anxiety, loneliness and confusion.
A few points below to help if you feel that you have hit a brick wall.
- Set fixed times for searching and stick to them. There is no point searching for 16 hours a day because you will quickly lose motivation, energy and focus.
- Find peers who are in the same position to bounce ideas around with. Inspiration can come from unlikely sources and you will be surprised by the number of people who are willing to help you at this time.
- Find a mentor. It could be an ex colleague who you respected and you know will give you candid and unbiased advice.
- Track your applications on an Excel sheet and update with progress. Use this to follow up and make notes of feedback.
- Do not get downhearted if you don’t progress onto the next stage. Reflect on what you have done, ask for feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve and learn.
- Take care of yourself. Job hunting is a full time job and you need to treat it as such. You need to recharge your batteries to keep up energy levels for the next day.
Who are JSL Solutions?
We are an established, reputable and ethical recruitment consultancy committed to working to the highest industry standards. We promote good practice through our proven experience, methods and processes. We have over 50 years of industry experience to partner with you to find the right talent or the right business.
We specialise in:
Automotive aftermarket recruitment
Sales & marketing recruitment
Industrial & Engineering recruitment
Senior appointments and executive search
Stewart Lupton is a very people focused professional who always puts the person at the core of every activity and decision. He has worked as a sales and marketing professional for the last 25 years and progressed throughout his career in a number of different blue chip organisations and SME’s to become the sales director of the UK & Ireland division of a globally recognised automotive component manufacturer before founding JSL. Stewart provides an ethical, highly compliant and reputable service that puts the client and candidate experience at the heart of everything that he and his company does.
Joanne Lupton is passionate about reducing the impact of organisational decisions on people and this is highlighted in her MSc thesis, how can NLP (neuro linguistic Programming) help reduce the impact of managing change on its people. Joanne has an enviable career history with a number of household recognised blue chip organisations. Joanne wanted to build a recruitment consultancy that is recognised for both its client and candidate experience and strives to achieve this through her commitment to the highest industry standards.
We can be contacted on 01270 845344, email us at email@example.com or visit us at www.jsl-solutions.com.
Recruitment...The right way.